Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pinterest Recipes

If you're anything like me, you have a bunch of recipes pinned to your boards, but rarely get around to trying any.  Am I right?  Well, this week I decided to try out a few.  First up was homemade Ranch dressing.  I was skeptical since all low fat versions of ranch dressing are a disappointment once I try it.  This recipe was a little different.  1 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch and 1/2 cup of 1% milk.  Mix it all up, pop it in the fridge and you're good to go.   Mine came out wonderfully!  I used a little more yogurt in order to thicken up the consistency.  When it was all said and done, I had a thinker dressing that tasted right in between plain Ranch dressing and French Onion dip.  Low fat, low calories and the tastebuds are happy!

My success with the dressing gave a quick boost to my confidence and I decided to tackle the Creamy  Baked Chicken Taquitos as well.  The whole family loved them!  You can find the recipe here: Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos.  A couple of things that I did differently: Once the chicken breasts were cooked, I threw them in the food processor thinking it would be a quick way to shred them.  This should be done in our KichenAid mixer with the paddle attachment, but I couldn't find that after searching for several minutes.  So, out came our ol' trusty food processor.  This method resulted in chicken salad pieces-- which I thought would work just as well, if not better, because of the kids.  I mixed all the ingredients together, but I felt that there wasn't enough cheese.  That's usually my excuse for everything.  So once I was ready to wrap the rolls, I added a layer of mexican blend cheese.  Once everything was done, and the taquitos came out of the oven, the smell was fantastic!  I don't think we had one taquito left over for the next day.  This recipe will definitely be added to the meal-planning rotation.  Is it Paleo?  Nope.  But every once in a while, it's good to shake things up-- especially when you're desperate to find something that the kids will eat!

So, two successful recipes found on Pinterest.  We'll be trying more in the future, I'm sure.  I need to start focusing on stocking the freezer with pre-made meals so we have quick dinner options once Brock arrives!

What recipes on Pinterest have to tried?  Do you have any tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment